01 October 2007

K-Mart! Wait, what?

I've never liked K-Mart. I always thought it was bootleg and lame. I knew they had the Martha Stewart collection there, and I always wondered why the hell her stuff was in a place like K-Mart. For some reason, I stumbled upon her bedding collection while looking for a bed set. I found one that I thought was cute (see it here), and her bedding collection was also on sale this week, so what the hell. Last Tuesday, I went to check it out at the K-Mart by The Big Chicken, and I liked it! It was cuter in person than I had imagined, and the fabric wasn't bad. However, they didn't have it in Queen. Rar.

I was directed to the K-Mart at Roswell Road & Johnson Ferry. I stopped home to let the dog out and called Amy to see if she wanted to get some coffee and take the journey with me. We got some Starbucks and headed over. The people at the first K-Mart neglected to tell me that the second K-Mart was in the middle of liquidation before renovations. So needless to say, no bed set, but man, did we find some goodies! Everything was 50-70% off!

Religious candles - $0.32 each:
These are going on our bedside tables (& my drapes are really purple...the lack of flash made them look red). Martha Stewart pillar holders - Two @ $5.19 each:Martha Stewart buttercream jar candle - $3.19:
Martha Stewart drapes (not sure where these are going yet) - Two @ $5.09:Two tablecloths ($0.40 each) and a kitchen window shade ($1.50):Don't you just love when your animals want to know what you're doing at the most inopportune times? Connor AND Bronson needed to know what was up! A wonderful little family of Martha Stewart vases (I don't know which is which, but the prices were $1.20, $1.60, $2.00, & $2.00):
I went to the K-Mart in Mabelton the next day because I'm impatient and NEEDED that bed set! I got it!!! Our room looks SO awesome now. All there is left to do is find tie-up shades for the two windows and paint the dresser and vanity! The finished product:
While I was at the Mabelton K-Mart, I found ANOTHER vase for the vase family! This one was $5.00, and it's my favorite!
I went back to the K-Mart that was liquidating that night and got a few more things. I got more drapes. I think I will hem these and use them in the guest room - Two @ $5.09:& more pillar candle holders - Two @ $3.something each:& that's everything!
Yay!

No comments: